At the heart of PeopleSmart Consulting is a fundamental belief in the limitless power of the individual.
Who We Are
We are a boutique business consultancy that works with a host of clients to fulfill their needs.
Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It’s about the choice to show up and be real. The choice to be honest. The choice to let our true selves be seen.
We believe that there is no goal that cannot be achieved, no problem that cannot be solved and no innovation that cannot be pioneered when people are skilled, empowered and supported to operate at the height of their capabilities. PeopleSmart is a boutique consultancy that works with a host of clients to help achieve this.
Leaders become great, not because of their power, but because of their ability to empower others.
John C Maxwell
Our Focus Areas
- People & Organisational Development
- Corporate Wellness & Safety
- Stakeholder Relations Management
- Business Development
People & Organisational Development
Within every human being is a leader. Whether the leader is with or without title is immaterial. People lead themselves, they lead families, community groups and teams within companies. We believe that as the leader within each individual gets called out of every individual, trained and empowered, then organisations begin to function more effectively.
How we do this
- Through in-depth consultation supported by research, we develop an intimate understanding of our client’s business imperatives, culture and people.
- We work in partnership with our clients to identify areas of particular priority.
- We create interventions that cause people to develop and fine-tune the most potent and authentic incarnation of themselves.
- From the shop floor to the executive we identify and hone the leader in each employee, ensuring that they realise their full potential.
Corporate Wellness & Safety
PeopleSmart is a global authority in the wellness and safety space. We help our clients to live wellness and safety as a non-negotiable value rather than an exercise in ticking boxes. We do this by driving holistic health and safety initiatives knowing that in the absence of wellness, safety is always compromised. We take a multi-disciplinary approach, partnering with our clients to care for their people on a long-term basis.
We focus on
- Lifestyle issues i.e. diet, substance abuse, exercise, stress and fatigue.
- IEC Programs covering TB, HIV/AIDS, malaria, STI’s, cancer, CVD, mental health etc.
- Chronic Conditions e.g. diabetes, HIV, TB and hypertension.
- Rehabilitation and counselling for issues such as depression, anxiety, alcohol abuse, relationship changes and financial wellness.
- Developing holistic safety programs and embedding them in the business.
How we work
- Identify key areas of human risk.
- Formulate wellness and safety policies in line with legislation, National Strategic Plans and global best practice.
- Design and implement holistic and culturally informed wellness and safety programs that are aligned with Occupational Health and Safety imperatives.
- Train internal volunteers, Wellness Educators and Safety Officers.
- Support the program with innovative engagement campaigns.
- Provide Monitoring and Evaluation systems and protocols.
Stakeholders Relations Management
We support and enable our clients to manage all stakeholder formations – both internal and external – in ways that enable the organisation to function at its best. Through a detailed process of stakeholder mapping, we work to understand our client’s stakeholder landscape so that we can accurately formulate strategies that will unlock the value of every stakeholder. By creating empowering environments in which diversity and inclusivity are harnessed and celebrated, all stakeholders benefit and the organisation flourishes. We also assist our clients to deliver on their Corporate Social Investment mandate in politically, socially and economically informed ways.
We focus on
Internal Stakeholders such as
- Organised labour, middle management and the frontline.
- Sales teams and call centre employees.
- Special interest groups.
External Stakeholder such as
- Physical communities around businesses.
- All levels of government.
- Traditional Leadership.
We consider where a particular organisation is, with regards to its strategic alignment, processes, routines and level of professionalism, as well as the needs of the business, in determining the appropriate interventions required. We will also customise each of the interventions to meet the needs of the organisation.
We apply the following principles in our interventions:
- We place reliance on the organisation’s own project team in order to ensure that the intervention is owned by the business and that we are able to transfer necessary skills to relevant organisational stakeholders
- A robust governance framework, in order to ensure appropriate leadership commitment and stewardship on the project
- An appropriate communications plan designed to carry all relevant business stakeholders through the change process.
What we do
We provide support in priority setting and strrategic development at the Executive level, and in creating strategic alignment across the organisation. In addition, we focus on processes and routines within Executive and Funtional teams, and across different lveels in the organisation with the view to streamlining, simplifying, imporving professionalism and consewquently improving the quality of output and service to customers.
Context for our interventions
Typically, organisations face one or more of the following challenges:
- Lack of alignment between jobs/tasks to the company strategy (especially middle management and/or shop floor and/or support functions), impacting on motivational levels; Functional silos preventing the organisation from moving forward and delivering on strategic objectives
- Sub-optimal performance: same errors repeated, lack of customer service focus, lack of a sense of urgency, long time to resolve problems, poor execution on corrective measures and/or action plans
- Business processes takes too long and are sometimes viewed as bureaucratic; Too many iterations and/or blockages; Too many people involved
- Managers are overloaded; Overtime is a norm and people are tired; Employees complain about insufficient guidance, coaching and engagement
- Too many meetings (many are ad-hoc); No continuity or closure of actions, from one meeting to another; Meetings are poorly organised (no agenda, poor preparation, poor follow-up)
- Reporting / red flagging is sub-optimal and reactive
- Routines to enable effective decision-making are weak
- Sub-optimal outputs – customer satisfaction is low; Quality of our output is sub-optimal and missing deadlines is the norm
The responsibility of leadership is not to come up with all the ideas but to create an environment in which great ideas can thrive.
PeopleSmart is made up of a team of psychologists and business specialists who work hand in hand with a wide range of facilitators, organisational and communication experts. It is this unique mix of perspectives and skills that enable us to transform organisations one person at a time. By focusing on the potential of people we ensure that the healthiest, most powerful version of an individual shows up for work.
Health Promotion Expert;
University AcademicAreas of ExpertiseWellness & Safety;
Stakeholder Relations Management;
Leadership DevelopmentDescribed by the team as Creative, wise, determined, empowering, driven, generous, inspiring and optimistic. Anil is a leader and a strategic thinker; a truly passionate South African who strives to see our country and its people realise their full potential
Professor of Health Promotion and Psychology at UKZNAreas of ExpertiseHealth Promotion;
Wellness & Safety;
Community DevelopmentDescribed by the team asKind, caring, humble, incredibly gentle in her approach, a true role-model, wise and inspiring. Anna is one of the kindest people you will ever meet and this comes across in all her work
ex SABMiller Global Business Services Manager (based in the UK);Global Vendor Manager (based in SA)
Areas of ExpertiseStrategy Formulation;
Professionalising Executive Teams;
Business Process Simplification;
Transformation and Restructuring;
Shared Services and Outsourcing;
Supplier Relationship and Contract Management
Described by the Team asEfficient, passionate, driven, always enthusiastic to engage and effect positive change. Highly committed and gives her all in everything she does. Priya is exceptionally knowledgeable and experienced in her field and is unafraid to share this knowledge and experience to develop others.
StrategyDescribed by the team asEfficient and disciplined, calm, kind hearted, thoughtful, a rational/logical thinker. Sanele is known for his wicked sense of humour and his heart for people.
Areas of ExpertiseIndustrial Psychology;
Wellness and Safety;
Stakeholder Relations Management;
Described by the Team asA breath of fresh air, incredibly creative, calm, warm, humble, artistic, passionate, authentic, insightful and ethical. Taegan exudes energy, creativity and passion in every task she undertakes. She is gifted in her ability to relate to people from all walks of life
Areas of ExpertiseProject Coordination;
Described by the team asEffective, efficient, energetic, a breathe of fresh air, organised, results focused, soulful, dynamic and warm.
Areas of ExpertiseWellness and Health Promotion;
Described by the Team asHighly diligent, organised, effective, passionate, focused, driven, caring and genuine. Alexa is a go-getter and ensures that everything is delivered to the highest standard
Some of Our Clients
No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.